Albemarle Named One of America's 100 JUST Companies by JUST Capital and CNBC
February 5, 2024
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 5, 2024 - Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB), a global leader in providing essential elements for mobility, energy, connectivity and health, has been named to the 2024 list of America’s Most JUST Companies (JUST 100) by JUST Capital and CNBC. The JUST 100 rankings measure how the nation’s largest corporations are performing on the business issues that matter most to Americans, including creating jobs in the U.S., protecting customer privacy, minimizing pollution, supporting employee training and more.
“As a purpose-driven and values-led organization, sustainability is core to who we are and how we operate around the world,” said Albemarle CEO Kent Masters. “This recognition is a reflection of our global employee base who are committed to doing the right things the right way for all of our global stakeholders as we work to deliver long-term value.”
Albemarle Sustainability Highlights
- Albemarle is a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Global Compact CEO Water Mandate, underscoring the company’s commitment to water stewardship.
- In 2023, the company launched MercLok™, a game-changing remediation technology designed to rapidly stabilize mercury found in a range of soils and industrial waste that, if left untreated, can create an environmental and health hazard.
- In 2023, Albemarle became the first lithium producer to complete an independent audit and publish its report under the Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance standards for its Salar de Atacama site in Chile.
- The company offers the Elevate Leaders program, an enterprise-wide leadership development program available to any employee aspiring to advance to a leadership position.
- Albemarle’s sustainability goals and targets reflect the company’s dedication to responsible management of water resources, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, and commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce and culture.
For more information on Albemarle’s sustainability efforts, please visit the company’s Sustainability Report.
The issues analyzed by JUST Capital are defined annually by an extensive nationwide polling process done on a fully representative basis. The top 100 companies are determined by scoring performance across the full range of criteria and comparing companies head-to-head.
CNBC delves into the data, highlighting company-specific results and showcasing key stakeholder performance stories about this year’s JUST 100 leaders across the network’s broadcast and digital platforms at cnbc.com/just100. An exploration of the JUST 100 companies can be found at justcapital.com/rankings.
Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB) leads the world in transforming essential resources into critical ingredients for mobility, energy, connectivity, and health. We partner to pioneer new ways to move, power, connect and protect with people and planet in mind. A reliable and high-quality global supply of lithium and bromine allow us to deliver advanced solutions for our customers. Learn more about how the people of Albemarle are enabling a more resilient world at albemarle.com and on X (formerly known as Twitter) @AlbemarleCorp.
Albemarle regularly posts information to www.albemarle.com, including notification of events, news, financial performance, investor presentations and webcasts, non-GAAP reconciliations, Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") filings and other information regarding the company, its businesses and the markets it serves.
Back to News