Albemarle's Response to COVID-19
Albemarle is Protecting our Employees, Serving our Customers, and Helping Fight the Spread of COVID-19
We prioritize the safety of our employees, business partners, and communities.
We have a cross-functional Global Response Team that monitors and reports on our situation across all regions and collaborates on protocols for operations and employee safety at all sites. We continue to monitor directives from national, federal, state and local governments and health agencies, and take appropriate actions to safeguard the health of our employees, partners and communities.
We have taken a number of actions, including the following:
- We have restricted all business travel.
- We have required personnel at many of our locations to work from home as their roles allow, and have limited the number of contractors at our sites.
- We have issued illness prevention guidelines that align with recommendations from the CDC and WHO on personal hygiene, social distancing and surface cleaning/disinfection.
- We have developed and implemented a number of protocols for employees who may be considered high-risk; for all site visitors and logistics service providers; for employees returning to work from personal travel; and for team members who have come into contact with a confirmed case of the virus.
- We have a detailed exposure protocol in place to quickly isolate team members experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms, protect the local team and disinfect the site.
- We have emotional support resources available to employees to help them through this challenging time.
We work diligently to serve our customers.
Supply and supply sustainability are important concerns. We have business continuity plans in place for our manufacturing sites, warehouses and offices. As this pandemic continues to rapidly evolve, we are striving to serve our customers with minimal disruption.
We are sustained by our core purpose and values.
We are committed to staying safe and productive during this challenging time. This is a reflection of the culture we have built around our values – Care, Courage, Curiosity, Collaboration, Humility, Transparency and Integrity – and our collective passion to Power the Potential of our stakeholders for years to come.