Kemerton, Western Australia
In January 2019, Albemarle began earthworks at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area in Western Australia. This site will become home to our Kemerton lithium hydroxide (LiOH) conversion plant.
Kemerton is expected to have an initial capacity of 60,000 to 75,000 metric tons of LiOH, with an ability to expand to 100,000 metric tons over time. The commissioning of the Kemerton site is expected to start in 2021.
To view permits for the Kemerton site, please use the links below.
- Project Proposal Brochure
- Statement That a Proposal May Be Implemented, Statement No. 1085
- Compliance Assessment Plan
- Albemarle Lithium Hydroxide Manufacturing Plant, Kemerton, WA (EPBC 2017/8099)
- Flora Vegetation Monitoring Management Plan
- Green House Gas Management Plan
- Water Management Plan
Albemarle Lithium PTY LTD
PO Box 7423
Cloister Square PO, Perth, WA