Research & Development
For Albemarle, research & development activities are essential to maintain the company's position on the market as the leading supplier of lithium compounds, cesium, and special metal products.
Our research team is working in different areas like battery materials, reagents for organic synthesis and lithium, cesium, and special metal (Ti, Zr, Mg, Na etc.) products.
In general the research work is focused on
- General product care and product improvement (e.g. improvement of safety for existing products)
- Process optimization for existing products
- Development of new products for our customers in different industries incl. preparation of samples
- Safety and thermochemical measurements, and
- Support of customers in their process development using our products.
In the last three years over 20 patent families have been filed. Bachelor, Master and PhD theses are funded at different locations.