World-class chemistry matched by world-class facilities. From concept to commercialization, our Fine Chemistry Services (FCS) group operates manufacturing facilities with R&D labs, process engineering labs and process analytical labs. Equipped to meet chemistry demands and handle quick turnarounds to support your project in regulated, custom and emerging markets.
SPECIALTY CHEMICAL CAPABILITIES
- cGMP manufacturing services
- Registered/Regulated Starting Materials
- Custom Agriculture intermediates and actives
- Custom manufacturing
We serve a wide variety of customer needs through our facilities. Regardless of location, our Custom Services R&D group is experienced, efficient and responsive, ensuring our partnership stays on course.
WHY OUR FACILITIES MATTER
- Kilo and pilot plant capabilities.
- Multiple reactors to handle any volume your project needs.
- World-leading process development and scale-up capabilities for both cGMP and non-GMP.
- Seamless tech transfer between South Haven, Michigan and Tyrone Pennsylvania sites for back-end integration of APIs and RSMs.
- Excellent compliance and support in all areas - safety, health, environment, quality assurance, security, technical and legal.
Albemarle's site in South Haven is FDA registered and implements cGMP in the production of over 40 different products from APIs and advanced intermediates to FDA regulated additives.
Pilot to commercial-scale reactors
- Glass-lined stainless steel, Hastelloy(r) alloy
- Ranging from 50-4,000 gallons, multiple trains
- Centrifuges, Nutsche(r) filters
- Dryers: Tray and tumble dryer suites with 1,000 kg/day capacity
- Wiped-film evaporators (glass-lined, stainless steel)
- Distillation columns (glass-lined, stainless steel)
Current portfolio includes
- Custom intermediates and APIs for the branded pharmaceutical industry
- APIs for the generic pharmaceutical industry
- Non-pharmaceutical materials maintaining cGMP compliance
Product applications include
- Cardio tonic
- Cancer treatment
- Many more